By Beverly Kaye, Sharon Jordan-Evans
With alternative charges excessive and start-up time severe, worker retention is extra necessary than ever. This best-selling consultant presents 26 thoughts to maintain proficient staff satisfied and efficient. mentioning learn and event with dozens of corporations, the authors current many examples of ways modern-day businesses have utilized their retention techniques and elevated their retention premiums. The chapters are prepared alphabetically, from "Ask" to "Zenith." every one bankruptcy features a sequence of to-do lists, corporation examples, and an "alas" tale drawn from the authors' own reports. This version positive factors new information and to-do lists, new tales, and extra learn from the media and from the authors' personal vast database. There also are 3 new appendices: a troubleshooting consultant, a consultant to announcing "thank you" within the office, and a interpreting staff consultant.
Read or Download Love 'Em or Lose 'Em: Getting Good People to Stay (3rd Edition) PDF
Similar human resources & personnel management books
From an across the world revered specialist on administration themes comes this absolutely revised 10th anniversary variation of his vintage textbook.
Potency in studying bargains a highway map of the simplest how one can use the 3 basic communique of educating: visuals, written textual content, and audio. despite the way you are providing your education materials—in the school room, in print, via synchronous or asynchronous media—the book’s tools are simply utilized in your lesson shows, handouts, reference courses, or e-learning displays.
Approximately all managers dream of being inspiring leaders who elicit the main from their humans. yet whereas they might comprehend the talents had to deal with their groups, only a few know the way to place their wisdom into perform. Now, any supervisor can get unprecedented effects and make a big contribution to the association.
Resolution the questions that come up while managers and employees have to comply with strange management roles and ideas in flattened organizational varieties. prime when you are now not the Boss offers a conceptual framework so that you can practice while assessing your personal companies and paintings. The booklet discusses the underlying rules useful for a shift from a tradition of hierarchies to at least one of relationships and the institution of intrapreneurial and holistic paintings environments.
- Motivate Like a CEO: Communicate Your Strategic Vision and Inspire People to Act!
- The Supervisor's handbook: a quick and handy guide for any manager or business owner
- Performance & Reward Management (Express Exec)
- Manager's Pocket Guide to Influence with Integrity (Manager's Pocket Guide Series)
- Praeger Handbook on Understanding and Preventing Workplace Discrimination Two Volumes 2 volumes
Extra info for Love 'Em or Lose 'Em: Getting Good People to Stay (3rd Edition)
Try the following questions to help people probe their work lives for possibilities of enrichment: ✓ Do you know how your job is important to the company? ✓ What skills do you use on the job? What talents do you have that you don’t use? ✓ What about your job do you find challenging? Rewarding?
Tell me about an accomplishment of which you are particularly proud. ✓ What are your most important work-related values? Which values are met and not met at work? ✓ If you had to choose among working with people, data, things, or ideas, which mixture would make you the happiest? Why? Step 2: Offer Your Perspective Helping your employees to reflect on their own reputations, on the feedback they’ve gotten from others, and on the areas they need to develop is essential. Your frequent feedback is critical.
19. 20. Pride in the organization, its mission, and its product Great work environment and culture Autonomy, creativity, and sense of control Flexibility: work hours, dress, and so on Location Job security and stability Diverse, changing work assignments Fun on the job Being part of a team Responsibility Loyalty, commitment to the organization or coworkers Inspiring leadership How do your employees’ answers compare with the list? Find out what truly matters to them by asking. Then create customized, innovative approaches to retaining your talent.
Love 'Em or Lose 'Em: Getting Good People to Stay (3rd Edition) by Beverly Kaye, Sharon Jordan-Evans