By James Bucanek
Examine iOS eight App improvement is either a fast instructional and an invaluable reference. You'll fast wake up to hurry with fast (Apple's robust new programming language), Cocoa contact, and the iOS eight SDK. It's an all-in-one getting began consultant to construction precious apps. You'll examine top practices that be sure your code may be effective and practice good, incomes confident reports at the iTunes App shop, and riding greater seek effects and extra revenue.
The iOS eight SDK deals strong new positive factors, and this booklet is the quickest route to gaining knowledge of them--and the remainder of the iOS SDK --for programmers with a few event who're new to iPhone and iPad app improvement. Many books introduce the iOS SDK, yet few clarify easy methods to boost apps optimally and soundly. This publication teaches either center speedy language techniques and the way to take advantage of layout styles and good judgment with the iOS SDK, in response to speedy and the Cocoa contact framework.
Why spend months or years studying the simplest how one can layout and code iPhone and iPad apps whilst this ebook will make it easier to do issues the fitting manner from the start?
* Get an speeded up creation to the rapid programming language.
* enhance your first app utilizing Xcode's complex interface layout tools.
* study Xcode workflows as you stroll during the strategy of constructing genuine iOS apps.
* Dive into the finished initiatives or improve your apps from scratch with step by step code.
Learn the right way to create apps for any version of iPhone, the iPod contact, the iPad, or construct common apps that run on them all. After interpreting this ebook, you'll be growing specialist caliber apps, able to add to the app shop, making you the status and the cash you seek!
What you'll learn:
* advance easy to reasonably complicated iOS apps.
* upload sound and iPod tune playback, the digicam, and images in your app.
* attach your app to the area via net prone, social networking, and cloud synchronization.
* Plug into the most recent cellular applied sciences: maps, GPS, accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass.
* Polish your apps with dependent animation and easy navigation.
* discover new iOS eight gains, like Sprite package and extensions.
* enhance your app's caliber with middle layout styles and most sensible programming practices.
Who this ebook is for:
This e-book calls for no earlier iPhone or iOS app coding event, yet a few convenience with programming in C or C-like language (Objective-C, C++, C#, Java) is believed.
Read or Download Learn iOS 8 App Development (2nd Edition) PDF
Similar programming books
Packing the facility of computing device purposes right into a small cellular machine, the iPhone SDK bargains builders the facility to create dynamic, visually-appealing, and highly-capable cellular purposes, utilizing a similar APIs and instruments that Apple makes use of for its personal applications.
even though, harnessing that energy potential studying new instruments, new APIs, or even an entire new programming language.
iPhone SDK improvement is a practical advisor to get you begun constructing functions for iPhone and iPod contact. With it, you'll get a whole figuring out of the instruments and methods had to prevail at the platform:
* Use the XCode IDE to regulate your resource code, photographs, sounds, database documents, and different program assets, construction your app and deploying it onto your individual equipment for testing.
* increase your person interface the visible, code-free manner, with Interface Builder.
* grasp the iPhone's detailed person interface elements, together with tables, tab bars, navigation bars, and the multi-touch interface.
* attach your iPhone to the skin international with networking, take advantage of the ability of a relational database with SQLite, and rock out with top quality help for audio and video.
* utilize the iPhone's specific cellular APIs, like geolocation and the motion-sensing accelerometer
* Use XCode's strong functionality and debugging instruments to dispose of reminiscence leaks, zombies, and different hazards.
* comprehend the method for packaging your program for end-user distribution via Apple's App Store.
With factors of the large photo and an eye fixed to the little info that you'll desire, _iPhone SDK Development_ might help you be triumphant on today's most vital cellular platform.
A complete advisor to debuggers: what they do, how they paintings, and the way to exploit them to supply larger courses
"Debuggers are the magnifying glass, the microscope, the common sense analyzer, the profiler, and the browser with which a application could be tested. "-Jonathan B. Rosenberg
Debuggers are an critical instrument within the improvement approach. in truth, through the process the common software program undertaking, extra hours are spent debugging software program than in compiling code. but, now not many programmers particularly understand how to constructively interpret the consequences they come again from debuggers. or even fewer be aware of what makes those complicated suites of algorithms and information buildings tick. Now during this super available advisor, Jonathan B. Rosenberg demystifies debuggers for programmers and indicates them the way to make higher use of debuggers of their subsequent projects.
Taking a hands-on, problem-solving method of a fancy topic, Rosenberg explains how debuggers paintings and why programmers use them. most significantly, he offers useful discussions of debugger algorithms and systems for his or her use, observed by way of many useful examples. the writer additionally discusses a large choice of structures purposes, from Microsoft's Win32 debug API to a wide parallel structure.
With its aid for Language-Integrated question (LINQ), C# three. zero has revolutionized C# programming, and bestselling writer Herb Schildt has up to date and improved his vintage programming connection with hide it. utilizing conscientiously crafted motives, insider counsel, and 1000's of examples, this ebook offers in-depth insurance of all elements of C#, together with its key phrases, syntax, and center libraries.
The Transactions on trend Languages of Programming subline goals to submit papers on styles and trend languages as utilized to software program layout, improvement, and use, all through all stages of the software program existence cycle, from standards and layout to implementation, upkeep and evolution. the first concentration of this LNCS Transactions subline is on styles, development collections, and trend languages themselves.
- CSS: The Definitive Guide (3rd Edition)
- Effektive Software-Architekturen: Ein praktischer Leitfaden
- Dreaming in Code: Two Dozen Programmers, Three Years, 4,732 Bugs, and One Quest for Transcendent Software
- Java 8 Pocket Guide
Additional info for Learn iOS 8 App Development (2nd Edition)
Figure 3-2. Shorty project details Click the Next button. Choose a location to save your new project and click Save. Building a Web Browser Start by building the web browser portion of your app. This will consist of a text field, where the user enters the URL they want to visit/convert, and a web view that will display that page. Let’s also throw in a refresh button to reload that page at the current URL. storyboard file in the navigator. In the object library, find the navigation bar object and drag it into the view, toward the top, as shown in Figure 3-3.
This root view is always the size of the display area for the view controller. You can’t change that, even if you try. The root view’s size becomes the first set of constants from which you can build constraints. When you give auto-layout a constraint that says “the top edge of the image view must be at the same position as the top edge of its superview,” it will move the position of the top edge of the image view to the top of the display. That’s its only choice; the superview is immovable, so moving the image view is the only solution.
Repeat this three more times so you have four button objects inside the view, approximately like those shown in Figure 2-12. Now you want to resize these buttons so that each one approximately fills one-quarter of the screen. Figure 2-12 shows one button being resized—the background of the button was temporarily changed to gray so that it would be easier to see. CHAPTER 2: Boom! App Figure 2-12. Positioning buttons Editing Object Properties Now it’s time to customize your buttons. Select all four buttons—click one button and then, while holding down the Shift key, click once on each of the other three.
Learn iOS 8 App Development (2nd Edition) by James Bucanek