By Christina Moulton
Making your first rapid app that makes use of an internet provider might be overwhelming. it kind of feels like all time you are trying to determine it out you simply upload extra issues to profit on your checklist: leisure, Alamofire, parsing JSON, OAuth, App shipping protection, atmosphere headers, … however it doesn’t need to be complicated.
Read Online or Download iOS Apps with REST APIs PDF
Similar programming books
Packing the facility of computing device purposes right into a small cellular equipment, the iPhone SDK bargains builders the facility to create dynamic, visually-appealing, and highly-capable cellular functions, utilizing an identical APIs and instruments that Apple makes use of for its personal applications.
notwithstanding, harnessing that strength capability studying new instruments, new APIs, or even an entire new programming language.
iPhone SDK improvement is a realistic consultant to get you began constructing functions for iPhone and iPod contact. With it, you'll get an entire knowing of the instruments and strategies had to prevail at the platform:
* Use the XCode IDE to regulate your resource code, photographs, sounds, database documents, and different program assets, construction your app and deploying it onto your individual gadget for testing.
* advance your person interface the visible, code-free means, with Interface Builder.
* grasp the iPhone's exact consumer interface parts, together with tables, tab bars, navigation bars, and the multi-touch interface.
* attach your iPhone to the skin global with networking, make the most the facility of a relational database with SQLite, and rock out with firstclass help for audio and video.
* utilize the iPhone's precise cellular APIs, like geolocation and the motion-sensing accelerometer
* Use XCode's strong functionality and debugging instruments to put off reminiscence leaks, zombies, and different hazards.
* comprehend the method for packaging your software for end-user distribution via Apple's App Store.
With reasons of the massive photograph and an eye fixed to the little information that you'll want, _iPhone SDK Development_ might help you be triumphant on today's most vital cellular platform.
A complete consultant to debuggers: what they do, how they paintings, and the way to exploit them to provide larger courses
"Debuggers are the magnifying glass, the microscope, the good judgment analyzer, the profiler, and the browser with which a software should be tested. "-Jonathan B. Rosenberg
Debuggers are an essential instrument within the improvement procedure. in truth, throughout the process the common software program venture, extra hours are spent debugging software program than in compiling code. but, now not many programmers relatively understand how to constructively interpret the consequences they come again from debuggers. or even fewer be aware of what makes those complicated suites of algorithms and knowledge buildings tick. Now during this tremendous available consultant, Jonathan B. Rosenberg demystifies debuggers for programmers and exhibits them how you can make larger use of debuggers of their subsequent projects.
Taking a hands-on, problem-solving method of a posh topic, Rosenberg explains how debuggers paintings and why programmers use them. most significantly, he presents useful discussions of debugger algorithms and techniques for his or her use, followed via many functional examples. the writer additionally discusses a wide selection of platforms purposes, from Microsoft's Win32 debug API to a wide parallel structure.
With its help for Language-Integrated question (LINQ), C# three. zero has revolutionized C# programming, and bestselling writer Herb Schildt has up to date and accelerated his vintage programming connection with disguise it. utilizing rigorously crafted causes, insider information, and 1000's of examples, this publication offers in-depth insurance of all facets of C#, together with its key phrases, syntax, and center libraries.
The Transactions on trend Languages of Programming subline goals to post papers on styles and trend languages as utilized to software program layout, improvement, and use, all through all levels of the software program lifestyles cycle, from standards and layout to implementation, upkeep and evolution. the first concentration of this LNCS Transactions subline is on styles, trend collections, and trend languages themselves.
- Storm Blueprints: Patterns for Distributed Real-time Computation
- Objective-C Programmer's Reference
- Evaluating Mathematical Programming Techniques: Proceedings of a Conference Held at the National Bureau of Standards Boulder, Colorado January 5–6, 1981
- Aliasing in Object-Oriented Programming: Types, Analysis, and Verification
- Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic.NET (ver. 11.20.03)
- Troy Technologies USA Study Guide: Microsoft Windows 2000 Exam 70-215
Extra resources for iOS Apps with REST APIs
View: Contains the classes Menu, View, ViewGroup, and a series of listeners and callbacks. animation: Provides support for tweening animation. The main classes include Animation, a series of interpolators for animation, and a set of specific animator classes that include AlphaAnimation, ScaleAnimation, TranslationAnimation, and RotationAnimation. animation package, which is similar, but more broad because it can work with objects rather than just views. inputmethod: Implements the input-method framework architecture.
Primary widgets include Button, Checkbox, Chronometer, AnalogClock, DatePicker, DigitalClock, EditText, ListView, FrameLayout, GridView, ImageButton, MediaController, ProgressBar, RadioButton, RadioGroup, RatingButton, Scroller, ScrollView, Spinner, TabWidget, TextView, TimePicker, VideoView, and ZoomButton. maps: Contains the classes MapView, MapController, and MapActivity, essentially classes required to work with Google maps. These are some of the critical Android-specific packages. From this list you can see the depth of the Android core platform.
Start a service. Launch an activity. Display a web page or a list of contacts. Dial a phone number or answer a phone call. Intents are not always initiated by your application—they’re also used by the system to notify your application of specific events (such as the arrival of a text message). 29 30 CHAPTER 2: Setting Up Your Development Environment Intents can be explicit or implicit. If you simply say that you want to display a URL, the system will decide what component will fulfill the intention.
iOS Apps with REST APIs by Christina Moulton