By A. S. Alexandrov (auth.), Annette Bussmann-Holder, Hugo Keller (eds.)
This ebook containing 30 articles written by means of hugely reputed specialists is devoted to ok. Alex Müller at the social gathering of his eightieth birthday. The contributions mirror the most important learn components of ok. Alex Müller which he activated in hot temperature superconductivity and section transitions. they're theoretical in addition to experimental ones and concentration normally on extreme temperature superconductivity. A smaller half bargains with ferroelectricity and their purposes. additionally during this box there have lately been significant holiday throughs experimentally in addition to theoretically with a view to be addressed by means of the invited authors.
During the medical occupation of ok. Alex Müller he made significant advances within the knowing of ferroelectricity, which was once his significant study box. the invention of superconductivity in cuprates for which he got including J. Georg Bednorz the Nobel Prize in 1987 has no longer reduced his curiosity during this zone, yet has enlarged his actions significantly.
Read or Download High Tc superconductors and related transition metal oxides: special contributions in honor of K. Alex Muller on the occasion of his 80th birthday PDF
Best physics books
This precious ebook is a historic account of the Cornell Electron garage Ring and its major detector facility, CLEO, from their beginnings within the overdue 1970's until eventually the top of information assortment at particle energies above the brink for B meson creation in June 2001. The CESR electron–positron collider was once the end result of a chain of electron accelerators built on the Cornell Laboratory of Nuclear experiences, beginning in 1945.
Das Buch lässt sich in zwei Teile aufspalten. Der erste Teil beschäftigt sich mit einer detaillierten Darstellung moderner Methoden, die zur Beschreibung des momentanen atmosphärischen Zustands dienen. Hierzu gehören unterschiedliche Verfahren zur Datenerfassung, wie z. B. direkte Messungen an Wetterstationen, aber auch Fernerkundungsmethoden.
Les Houches This wintry weather tuition on "The Physics and Fabrication of Microstructures" originated with a ecu commercial determination to enquire in a few aspect the opportunity of custom-designed microstructures for brand spanking new units. starting in 1985, GEC and THOMSON begun a collaboration on those matters, supported through an ESPRIT supply from the fee of the eu Com munity.
Fills the necessity for an experimental physics textual content. There are 3 major sections of the textual content. the 1st is an creation that provides precious insights into the significance of the human point in physics and strains the process its old improvement. This part additionally explains the ambitions of the physics laboratory and the abilities you want to grasp to keep up a ``Notebook'' and research facts, and provides a basic dialogue of spectroscopy experiments.
- The Displacement of the Gravitating Needle in its Dependence on Atmospheric Temperatures
- Relatively P-Triangular Operators
- Mathematical Foundations of Quantum Statistical Mechanics: Continuous Systems
- Operational Radiation Safety Program for Astronauts in Low-Earth Orbit: A Basic Framework (Ncrp Report, No. 142)
Additional info for High Tc superconductors and related transition metal oxides: special contributions in honor of K. Alex Muller on the occasion of his 80th birthday
7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. Bednorz JG, Müller KA (1986) Z Phys B 64:189 Bardeen J, Cooper LN, Schrieffer JR (1957) Phys Rev 108:1175 Alexandrov AS, Mott NF (1994) Rep Prog Phys 57:1197 Alexandrov AS (2003) Theory of Superconductivity: From Weak to Strong Coupling. IoP Publishing, Bristol Edwards PP, Rao CNR, Kumar N, Alexandrov AS (2006) Chem Phys Chem 7:2015 Ogg RA Jr (1946) Phys Rev 69:243 Schafroth MR (1955) Phys Rev 100:463 Blatt JM, Butler ST (1955) Phys Rev 100:476 Eliashberg GM (1960) Zh Eksp Teor Fiz 38:966 Eliashberg GM (1960) Zh Eksp Teor Fiz 39:1437 Eliashberg GM (1960) Sov Phys JETP 11:696 Eliashberg GM (1960) Sov Phys JETP 12:1000 Alexandrov AS (1983) Zh Fiz Khim 57:273 Alexandrov AS (1983) Russ J Phys Chem 57:167 Migdal AB (1958) Zh Eksp Teor Fiz 34:1438 Migdal AB (1958) Sov Phys JETP 7:996 Alexandrov AS (2001) Europhys Lett 56:92 Alexandrov AS, Ranninger J (1981) Phys Rev B 23:1796 Alexandrov AS, Ranninger J (1981) Phys Rev B 24:1164 de Mello EVL, Ranninger J (1998) Phys Rev B 58:9098 Anderson PW (1997) The Theory of Superconductivity in the Cuprates.
06; namely, while 26 Y. Ando it seems natural for the strong localized to occur when there are only a small number of carriers, the kF value at the onset of the localization is unusually large. 9 mΩ cm (Fig. 1) and the corresponding kF value is as large as 13. 05 with kF = 13 is very unusual. This consideration naturally reminds us of the log(1/T) insulating behavior that shows up when the superconductivity is suppressed by high magnetic ﬁelds in underdoped LSCO [2, 3]. It was already pointed out  that the kF value estimated by using Eq.
5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. Mott NF (1990) Metal-Insulator Transitions. Taylor & Francis, London, 2nd ed Luttinger JM (1960) Phys Rev 119:1153 Kastner MA, Birgeneau RJ, Shirane G, Endoh Y (1998) Rev Mod Phys 70:897 Ono S, Komiya S, Ando Y (2007) Phys Rev B 75:024515 Ando Y, Lavrov AN, Komiya S, Segawa K, Sun XF (2001) Phys Rev Lett 87:017001 Dagotto E (1994) Rev Mod Phys 66:763 Yoshida T et al. (2003) Phys Rev Lett 91:027001 Yoshida T, Zhou XJ, Lu DH, Komiya S, Ando Y, Eisaki H, Kakeshita T, Uchida S, Hussain Z, Shen Z-X, Fujimori A (2006) cond-mat/0610759 Damascelli A, Hussain Z, Shen Z-X (2003) Rev Mod Phys 75:473 Ando Y, Kurita Y, Komiya S, Ono S, Segawa K (2004) Phys Rev Lett 92:197001 Padilla WJ, Lee YS, Dumm M, Blumberg G, Ono S, Segawa K, Komiya S, Ando Y, Basov DN (2005) Phys Rev B 72:060511(R) A comprehensive description can be found in: Ziman JM (1972) Principles of the Theory of Solids.
High Tc superconductors and related transition metal oxides: special contributions in honor of K. Alex Muller on the occasion of his 80th birthday by A. S. Alexandrov (auth.), Annette Bussmann-Holder, Hugo Keller (eds.)