By N. V. Bhagavan, Chung-Eun Ha
Essentials of clinical Biochemistry, moment Edition:With medical Cases is the main condensed, but certain biochemistry evaluation to be had at the subject. It offers modern assurance of the basics of biochemistry, emphasizing correct physiologic and pathophysiologic biochemical ideas.
Pivotal medical case experiences relief in knowing simple technological know-how within the context of prognosis and remedy of human illnesses, and the textual content illuminates key subject matters in molecular immunology and hemostasis.
Users will locate uncomplicated and basic techniques that may relief scholars and pros in biochemistry, drugs, and different healthcare disciplines. the textual content is an invaluable refresher that would support clients meet USMLE and different expert licensing exam necessities, supplying thorough introductions, key issues, multicolored illustrations of chemical buildings and figures, fact-filled tables, and instructed examining lists.
- Presents crucial biochemical suggestions in the context in their organic functions
- Contains key medical case reviews in each one bankruptcy to reinforce knowing of simple technology and relief in additional comprehension
- Offers tutorial evaluation figures, flowcharts, tables and multicolored illustrations
- Includes built-in, suggested interpreting reference lists in the text
- Provides a web ancillary package deal such as PowerPoint pictures and greater than 500 research inquiries to reduction in comprehension and USMLE examination preparation
Read or Download Essentials of Medical Biochemistry, Second Edition: With Clinical Cases PDF
Similar molecular biology books
Great booklet, in nice situation and it received within the correct position on the correct time.
This quantity, written via specialists within the box, is the 1st to accommodate the connection among human illness and the actin cytoskeleton. It offers overviews of actin and chosen actin-binding proteins, after which makes a speciality of ailments that contain those proteins. particular chapters care for actin, cofilin, profilin, gelsolin and thymosin ¾4.
The Molecular Biology of melanoma, Stella Pelengaris & Michael Khan This taking pictures, complete textual content, largely revised and up to date for its moment variation, offers an in depth evaluation of the molecular mechanisms underpinning the advance of melanoma and its remedy. “Bench to Bedside”: A key power of this booklet that units it except common melanoma biology references is the interweaving of all elements of melanoma biology from the factors, improvement and analysis via to the remedy and care of melanoma sufferers – crucial for offering a broader view of melanoma and its effect.
The 1st version of Mark Ptashne's 1986 ebook describing the foundations of gene legislation in phage lambda grew to become a vintage in either content material and shape, environment a regular of readability and targeted prose that has hardly been bettered. This version is a reprint of the unique textual content, including a brand new bankruptcy updating the tale to 2004.
- Physical Biology of the Cell
- Tissue optics : light scattering methods and instruments for medical diagnosis
- Schaum's Easy Outline Molecular and Cell Biology
- The Oncogene and Tumour Suppressor Gene Factsbook
- The Organism
- Cytoskeletal Mechanics. Models and Measurements
Additional resources for Essentials of Medical Biochemistry, Second Edition: With Clinical Cases
Another example of the use of site-specific protease inhibitors is in the treatment of acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). AIDS is caused by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. HIV causes AIDS by destroying CD41 T lymphocytes which have CD4 antigen on their cell membrane (see Chapter 33). Susceptibility to opportunistic infections and cancer are complications of AIDS. HIV is a retrovirus and consists of two copies of positive single-stranded RNA and several enzymes required for its replication in the host cell.
14. domains. Some proteins contain many domains including tandem repeats. , hemoglobin, immunoglobulins, many enzymes). Defects in the synthesis, assembly, storage, and disposal of proteins have pathological consequences. Protein degradation (proteolysis) occurs in the body by different processes: proteolysis in the gastrointestinal tract by pancreatic and gastrointestinal enzymes, intracellular lysosomal and autophage-phagosome-lysosomal proteolysis, and cytosolic and nuclear proteolysis by the energy-dependent ubiquitinÀproteasome complex.
These include glutathione peroxidase, thioredoxin reductase, and iodothyronine deiodinase. The incorporation of selenocysteine into the growing peptide chain occurs by a unique suppressor tRNA and a stop codon. The physiological importance of selenium as an essential trace element is exemplified in a disorder of congestive cardiomyopathy known as Keshan disease. This disease is prevalent mainly in children and young women in China who have markedly low levels of selenium in their water and food, due to its low levels in the soil.
Essentials of Medical Biochemistry, Second Edition: With Clinical Cases by N. V. Bhagavan, Chung-Eun Ha