By Jason Merkoski
A groundbreaking imaginative and prescient at the way forward for studying, from an early innovator on Amazon's Kindle team.
• Is electronic the demise knell for print?
• Or will it reinvigorate the written be aware?
• what is going to ensue to bookstores, publication searching, libraries, even autographs?
• Will they die out—or evolve into anything new?
In Burning the web page, digital pioneer Jason Merkoski charts the e-book revolution's awesome impression at the ways that we create, detect, and percentage rules. From the smooth halls of Silicon Valley to the jungles of Southeast Asia, Merkoski explores how ebooks got here to be and predicts leading edge and interactive methods electronic content material will form our lives. all through, you're invited to proceed the dialog on-line and aid form this intriguing new global of "Reading 2.0."
For those that love books, acquire books, personal an e-reader, vow never to possess one, or just need to know the place books are headed, this can be a an important advisor to either the way forward for analyzing and to our electronic tradition as a complete.
Read or Download Burning the Page: The eBook Revolution and the Future of Reading PDF
Similar internet books
How are our societies being remodeled by means of net and electronic economics? This ebook offers an available creation to the economics of the web and a accomplished account of the mechanisms of the electronic economic system. prime students learn the unique fiscal and enterprise versions being constructed as a result of net process, and discover their influence on our economies and societies.
Form of suggest and unhappy comics approximately being burnt out.
This is switched over from the Gumroad PDF, but the caliber is scanned risograph pages.
This e-book is meant to function a accomplished and instructive advisor in the course of the new international of electronic communique. at the actual layer optical and electric cabling expertise are defined in addition to instant verbal exchange applied sciences. at the info hyperlink layer neighborhood sector networks (LANs) are brought including the most well-liked LAN applied sciences similar to Ethernet, Token Ring, FDDI, and ATM in addition to instant LAN applied sciences together with IEEE 802.
- Epic Win for Anonymous: How 4Chan's Army Conquered the Web
- Innovative Internet Computing Systems: Second International Workshop, IICS 2002 Kühlungsborn, Germany, June 20–22, 2002 Proceedings
- The Multimedia Internet (Information Technology: Transmission, Processing and Storage)
- Internet Cool Tools for Physicians
- Face-to-Interface: Werte und ethisches Bewusstsein im Internet
- The network : a mathematical and algorithmic view of the Internet
Additional info for Burning the Page: The eBook Revolution and the Future of Reading
Getting ready Plan to review the Understanding the goals of reporting, Planning and optimizing dependent inputs, and Planning report outputs recipes. How to do it... The term dashboards usually denotes the use of a graphical image to represent data. There are typically two types of dashboards: ff Static ff Interactive Static dashboards Static dashboards present an image of the report but does not provide an interactive mechanism. These types of dashboards are similar to charts you create with data in a spreadsheet program (for example, Microsoft Excel).
12. In MSSMS, click on New Query and paste the query you copied in step 10 into the new query window. 13. Ensure that the SCCM database is selected as indicated and click on the Execute icon. The results pane should display the same output as in step 10, as shown in the following screenshot: 14. Use the Save icon or File menu option to save the query for future use. How it works... The steps and options you use to create a view in MSSMS automatically generate the SQL query syntax. This is a very basic approach to perform select statements on the views.
Identify the database server and instance of the Operations Manager management group. 2. Use MSSMS to connect to the database server. You must connect with a user account with the appropriate permission to view the Operations Manager data warehouse reporting database. 22 Chapter 2 3. Navigate to Databases | OperationsManagerDW | Views, as shown in the following screenshot: 4. The views listed form the reporting schema for the System Center Operations Manager component. Note that not all the views are listed in the screenshot.
Burning the Page: The eBook Revolution and the Future of Reading by Jason Merkoski