By Michael Armstrong, Stephen Taylor
From an the world over revered specialist on administration themes comes this totally revised 10th anniversary version of his vintage textbook.
Read Online or Download A Handbook of Human Resource Management Practice PDF
Best human resources & personnel management books
From an the world over revered professional on administration issues comes this totally revised 10th anniversary variation of his vintage textbook.
Potency in studying deals a street map of the best how you can use the 3 primary verbal exchange of educating: visuals, written textual content, and audio. despite the way you are providing your education materials—in the school room, in print, by way of synchronous or asynchronous media—the book’s tools are simply utilized in your lesson displays, handouts, reference publications, or e-learning displays.
Approximately all managers dream of being inspiring leaders who elicit the main from their humans. yet whereas they might comprehend the talents had to deal with their groups, only a few understand how to place their wisdom into perform. Now, any supervisor can get unprecedented effects and make a massive contribution to the association.
Resolution the questions that come up whilst managers and employees have to comply with surprising management roles and ideas in flattened organizational varieties. top if you end up no longer the Boss presents a conceptual framework so you might practice whilst assessing your individual firms and paintings. The booklet discusses the underlying rules worthwhile for a shift from a tradition of hierarchies to at least one of relationships and the institution of intrapreneurial and holistic paintings environments.
- The Talent Advantage: How to Attract and Retain the Best and the Brightest
- HRD in a Complex World (Routledge Studies in Human Resource Development)
- Coaching That Counts
- Wheel, Deal, and Steal: Deceptive Accounting, Deceitful CEOs, and Ineffective Reforms
- Handbook of Improving Performance in the Workplace, Volume Three: Measurement and Evaluation
- The Encyclopedia of Leadership: A Practical Guide to Popular Leadership Theories and Techniques
Extra info for A Handbook of Human Resource Management Practice
HRM aims to ensure that the organization obtains and retains the skilled, committed and well-motivated workforce it needs. This means taking steps to assess and satisfy future people needs and to enhance and develop the inherent capacities of people – their contributions, potential and employability – by providing learning and continuous development opportunities. It involves the operation of ‘rigorous recruitment and selection procedures, performance-contingent incentive compensation systems, and management development and training activities linked to the needs of the business’ (Becker et al, 1997).
Productivity is influenced by employee motivation; financial performance is influenced by employee skills, motivation and organizational structures. Huselid and Becker (1996) An index of HR systems in 740 firms was created to indicate the degree to which each firm adopted a high performance work system. Firms with high values on the index had economically and statistically higher levels of performance. Becker et al (1997) Outcomes of a number of research projects were analysed to assess the strategic impact on shareholder value of high performance work systems.
6. Creating a strong customer-first philosophy throughout the organization. 7. Empowering employees to manage their own self-development and learning. Human resource management ❚ 11 8. Developing reward strategies designed to support a performance-driven culture. 9. Improving employee involvement through better internal communication. 10. Building greater employee commitment to the organization. 11. Increasing line management responsibility for HR policies. 12. Developing the facilitating role of managers as enablers.
A Handbook of Human Resource Management Practice by Michael Armstrong, Stephen Taylor